Re: active MDS and disk write cache

I suspect "mon force standby active" is your problem:
http://ceph.com/wiki/Standby-replay_modes#mon_force_standby_active

Try disabling that?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Matt Weil <mweil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a system with a bunch or ram that I want to remain the active MDS but
> still have a backup.
>
> This config doesn't seem to be working.  I can make linuscs92 the active by
> stopping and starting the mds on linuscs95. It would be nice for linuscs92
> to be the active from the start.
>
> [mds.linuscs95]
>         host = linuscs95
>         mds standby replay = true
>         mds standby for name = linuscs92
>
> Also about disk write cache.
>
> If the Data center, servers and storage units are backed by redundant power
> sources, Batteries and a generator.  Is the concern for data loss less?

As long as your disk caches respect write flushing and ordering
commands, everything should be safe regardless of whether they're
battery-backed or not. :)
-Greg