De: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier@xxxxxxxxx>
À: "ceph-devel" <ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Josh Durgin" <josh.durgin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marcus Sorensen" <shadowsor@xxxxxxxxx>, "Sage Weil" <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gregory Farnum" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG" <s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Samedi 3 Novembre 2012 11:01:39
Objet: slow fio random read benchmark: last librbd git : 20000iops !

Hi Everybody,

I have just recompiled my qemu-kvm package with last librbd git,

my iops have jumped from 5000 to 20000iops for a single fio randread benchmark !
cpu of the client seem to be the bottleneck,I'll test on a bigger cpu this week.

Qemu-kvm was previously compiled with librbd 0.53.

I don't know what have change ? (I don't have used stripping feature, and I have same result for image format 1 or 2).

Regards,

Alexandre