Re: slow fio random read benchmark, need help

Yes, I was going to say that the most I've ever seen out of gigabit is
about 15k iops, with parallel tests and NFS (or iSCSI). Multipathing
may not really parallelize the io for you. It can send an io down one
path, then move to the next path and send the next io without
necessarily waiting for the previous one to respond, but it only
shaves a slight amount from your latency under some scenarios as
opposed to sending down all paths simultaneously. I have seen it help
with high latency links.

I don't remember the Ceph design that well, but with distributed
storage systems you're going to pay a penalty. If you can do 10-15k
with one TCP round trip, you'll get half that with the round trip to
talk to the metadata server to find your blocks and then to fetch
them. Like I said, that might not be exactly what Ceph does, but
you're going to have more traffic than just a straight single attached
NFS or iscsi server.