Re: production ready?

2012/10/30 袁冬 <yuandong1222@xxxxxxxxx>:
> RGW and libRBD are not the same pool,  you can`t access aRBD volume with
> RGW. The RADOS treats the RBD volume as just a large object.

Ok, I think to have understood. RADOS store only object on an existent
filesystem (this is why I have to create a FS to use RADOS/Ceph).
Now, if that object is accessed by RGW, that object will be a single
file stored on the FS but if I'm accessing
with RBD, RBD is masking a very large object, stored on FS, as it is a
single block device.
In this case, can a single block device (for example a huge virtual
machine image) be striped across many OSDs to archieve better
performance in reading?
an image striped across 3 disks, should get 3*IOPS when reading

Another question: in a standard RGW/RBD infrastructure (no CephFS), I
have to configure only "mon" and "osd" nodes, right?
How many monitor nodes is suggested?