Re: [ceph-commit] HEALTH_WARN 192 pgs degraded

HEALTH_WARN 192 pgs degraded; 192 pgs stuck unclean; recovery 21/42
degraded
(50.000%)
This is simply because you only have 1 osd but the default policy is 2x
replication.  As such, all PGs are 'degraded' because they are only
replicated once.

If you add another OSD to your cluster the warning will go away.

sage

The other alternative is to just set the pool(s) replication size to 1,
if you are just wanting a single osd for (say) testing:

$ ceph osd pool set <your pool(s)> size 1

I find it I need to restart ceph after doing the above, it then sorts
itself out to a nice healthy status!

OTOH it should be noted that I'm constantly running test clusters with
replication 2, #osd 1, and they're "unhealthy", and work just fine.
(These are test clusters, clearly, but...nothing wrong with them.)