Re: PG recovery reservation state chart

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 01:35:34PM -0700, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Mike Ryan <mike.ryan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Tried sending this earlier but it seems the list doesn't like PNGs.
> > dotty or dot -Tpng will make short work of the .dot file I've attached.
>
> vger discards messages with attachments. It's old school mailing list
> software. It's also used by many old school communities, that consider
> this a valuable anti-spam tactic, so they're not interested in
> changing it.

I figured as much. It would have been nice to receive a notification
that it was dropped rather than having it silently fall on the floor,
especially since a copy of the message is not sent to the sender upon
list acceptance. c'est la vie

> Once this becomes less a design hypothetical and more a description of
> how the code works, please please please put the dot in doc/dev/

This is unnecessary, as the doc scripts will automatically generate a
full peering state chart (of which this is just a sub state). Major
kudos to Sam Just for making that happen!