Re: does ceph consider the device performance for distributing data?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012, sheng qiu wrote:
> HI,
>
> i have a simple question.
> for distribution workload among OSDs, does ceph do any online modeling
> for OSDs, i.e. collect the online IO latency and try to distribute
> more workloads to lower latency OSDs? or only based on
> capacity/utilization balance?

Nope.  It would be nice if it did, but there are a limit number of things
we can do in those cases to direct traffic accordingly without moving data
around, which is expensive... and the data temperature that is driving the
imbalance may be temporary/transient.

sage