Re: Telling an osd to reload a cls library

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Josh Durgin wrote:
> On 09/06/2012 06:17 PM, Ian Pye wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to tell an osd to reload a cls.so file without
> > re-starting the osd?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ian
>
> Not right now, although there could be an admin socket or
> 'ceph osd tell' command to do so I guess.

In order to make this work right, I think ClassHandler needs to be updated
to return a shared_ptr<> to ClassData and make the ~ClassData do a
dlclose()... or something along those lines so that a reload won't screw
up other threads that are currently executing the class you're trying to
close.

The 'reload' is mostly just a 'close', since on the next request it will
get loaded automatically (tho it could do an explicit load so that you see
any errors immediately).

sage