Re: [GIT PULL v5] java: add libcephfs Java bindings

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, I noticed the automake patch removes CephException.java, added in
> the previous patch... probably an accident?

I left CephException out intentionally because it could be replaced by
generic exceptions in Java like IOException or FileNotFoundException.
My belief is that CephException (and specializations of this) will
need to be re-introduced as more error cases are covered. For example,
I think we'll want a CephBadFileDescriptor, but currently libcephfs
doesn't appear to return -EBADF (the client is crashing do to fd_map
assert). So, the Java wrappers should be as stable as the C API, but
both seem to need some loose ends tied up.

> Can't wait to pull this in!  BTW, Noah, do you know if this is still an
> issue?
>
>         http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/2778

It does appear that -ENOENT is now returned. I added a unit test that
expects FileNotFoundException and that works out nicely.

- Noah