Re: CephFS mount delay

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Noah Watkins <jayhawk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ok, this patch sorta solves the problem. After a fresh restart of the
>> daemons, the client hangs indefinitely (log urls attached for this
>> case). If I kill the client and restart, I get a behavior similar to
>> the original problem. Another client restart and everything is very
>> fast. This easily reproducible.
>
> I'm not quite sure what scenario you're describing here — let's see if
> I understand correctly:
> 1) Working cluster.
> 2) Restart server daemons.
> 3) Client just hangs. :(
> 4) Restart client and it goes slow through the mount (once?).
> 5) Restart client again and everything goes fast from then on.

Yeh, remove (4) -- there was some other fluke, I think. The following
happens every time with the one line patch from Sage:

2) Restart daemons
3) Client hangs in mount
4) Restart client and everything runs very fast from now on.

Without the patch, the client never hangs, but is consistently slow to mount.

- Noah