Re: Ceph benchmarks

On 08/28/2012 03:32 AM, Sébastien Han wrote:
@Alexandre: I don't have all the machines anymore, I'll see what I can
do :). Only the commodity cluster remains

@Mark Nelson: 2) Which bench? The RADOS one?
3) Sorry the RAID controller doesn't support JBOD...
5) I still have the commodity cluster, I'll perform some little rados benchmarks

Ah, that's the problem we have with our H700s. We do single drive raid0s to get around it, but it's not ideal. Do you have two drives in a raid1 or just a single drive?

Some other things we've noticed on our Dell machines:

- Writeback cache is pretty much faster than writethrough cache on all of our tests, even sequential writes. - Concurrent writers to a single raid group seem to tank performance. I still don't know why this is, but it's making buffered IO and any direct IO with more than one writer top out at about 95MB/s regardless of the number of drives in the raid group. (And more writers slower performance more).

Mark

Cheers!

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Mark Kirkwood