Re: MPI applications on ceph fs

Hi John,

Is the MPI application writing to one file from multiple ranks? Any idea what the application was doing when the lookup happens?

Mark

On 08/26/2012 09:03 AM, John Wright wrote:
Hi All,
We're running ceph 0.48 on  small three node test cluster. We've had good stability with I/O using dd and iozone especially after upgrading to 0.48. However, we're running into a repeatable lockup of the linux ceph client ( 3.3.5-2.fc16.x86_64 ) when running an mpi program that has simple I/O on a ceph mount. This is an mpi program running processes on two nodes. It is the remote node on which the ceph client locks up. The cient becomes immediately unresponsive and any attempt to access the mounted volume produces a process with status 'D'. I can see no indication in the server logs that it is ever contacted. Regular serial processes run fine on the volume. MPI runs on the nodes work fine when not using the ceph volume.

So any suggestions on where to look? Any one have an experience testing parallel programs on ceph?

thanks,
-john