Re: host settings in ceph.conf when ipaddress != hostname

Thanks for the responses.

Is there a link to the docs where the config file options for
public_network, cluster_network, mon host, cluster addr are listed and
explained?  I looked for them, but couldn't find anything. I just come
across different mailing list entries and blog entries that keep using
options I've never seen before.  I expected to find these options
here: http://ceph.com/docs/master/config-cluster/ceph-conf/  but no
luck.

Looking at a blog post like this:
http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2012/07/29/tip-ceph-public-slash-private-network-configuration/,
I become more confused.  Obviously I don't understand the relationship
between OSD and MONs correctly.  If I place all my OSDs on a private
network and the MONs on a public one, how do clients reach the OSDs?
I didn't think that data was funneled through the MONs.  Is that
incorrect?  I thought my OSDs had to be reachable by anyone trying to
mount/map an RBD, for example.

 - Travis