Re: v0.48.1 argonaut stable update released

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Oliver Francke wrote:
> Hi Sage,
>
> I just updated to debian-testing/0.50 this afternoon, after some hint:
>
> * osd: better tracking of recent slow operations

This is actually about the admin socket command to dump operations in
flight (more useful information is reported for diagnosis/debugging).

> and it is hereby confirmed to be better in my testing environment.
> Before I had requests, which could be there for >480 seconds? not any
> more.

That great news!  That is probably Sam's refactor of the OSD threading at
work.  There were also a few bugs fixed in 0.48.1 that were causing
somewhat similar symptoms (ops blocked indefinitely) due to peering
problems, but that doesn't sound like it's the same thing.

> How's about this fix in 0.48.X?

It's a huge set of changes, and definitely won't go into the 0.48 series,
sorry!  (In fact, the pending change was one motivation for doing 0.48
when we did.)  It will be in bobtail, though, which is probably about a
month away from freeze.

Please let us know what your experience is like with 0.50 (and beyond).

Thanks!
sage