Re: Ceph setup

On 08/13/2012 06:50 AM, Hemant Surale wrote:
Hi ALL,

Can anyone help me out to install ceph. Official site is having many leads and
thats kind of confusing for a new developer. uptill now I have tried installing
ceph by following sections listed below

1) Installing Debian/Ubuntu Packages
2) Installing RPM Packages ( here i tried building ceph from tar file)
3) Installing Chef
..

What do you want to achieve? What I mean, what hardware do you have and how big will the cluster be you want to build?

Right now it's probably best practice to run Ubuntu 12.04 with the official 0.48 packages, that should work just fine.

Wido

Any help is appreciable.

- Hemant Surale.