Re: Ceph RBD performance - random writes

On 08/08/12 06:19, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> I've been looking at using Ceph RBD as a block store for database use.
> As part of this I'm looking a how (particularly random) IO of smallish
> (4K, 8K) block sizes performs.

It may or may not be related, but have a look at the message thread here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg07678.html

It looks like there might be a specific bug relating to random writes.

Matthew

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.