RADOSGW internals ?

Hi,

Is there a document explaining how radosgw maps things to rados ?

My situation is that I'm currently running various failure scenarios
to see how to recover. One of them includes the complete loss of a
placement group and in my case this lead into a weirdly inconsistent
bucket. I could still add and get object from it, but I couldn't do
list or delete ... ( tracing the error, the cls_head call was failing
in rgw_rados ).

I also tried starting from scratch by stopping radosgw and deleting
all .rgw .rgw.control .rgw.buckets pools ... and when I restarted, a
's3 -u list' _still_ showed the previous buckets names ?!?

Cheers,

     Sylvain