Re: How to write a backend for sdfs to talk directly to rados.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM, ramu <ramu.freesystems@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to write a backend for sdfs to talk directly to rados (java-rados).
> Please help me to write bakend for sdfs talk directly to rados.

I'm not too familiar with sdfs, but browsing through some online
material it seems that it already has plugin for Amazon S3. Why not
just using it with the rados gateway as a start? While hooking
directly to rados is probably possible, it really depends on the sdfs
requirements, whether it's going to be easy or not. Specifically I can
think of an issue like the atomic read/write of large objects that you
don't get out of the box with rados, but the radosgw solves and hides
the details.

Yehuda