Re: Quick CentOS/RHEL question ...

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Joe Landman
<landman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
>   I was struggling and failing to get Ceph properly built/installed for
> CentOS 6 (and 5) last week.  Is this simply not a recommended platform?
> Please advise.  Thanks!

As mentioned by the other responses, it is possible to get Ceph built
for RHEL/CentOS even though it's probably not trivial. Getting proper
packaging for these distributions is pretty high on our list. We'd
love to hear about specific the issues that you have had.

Thanks,
Yehuda