Re: Quick CentOS/RHEL question ...

Ceph can work well on CentOS6.2 including File Access and RBD while
radowsgw is not still under our testing.

To install ceph on CentOS6, the main problem is the difference of the
packages' names between CentOS and Ubuntu, 'yum search ' may help. and
some times, 'ldconfig' is needed after the 'make install'

On 1 August 2012 06:17, Joe Landman <landman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
>   I was struggling and failing to get Ceph properly built/installed for
> CentOS 6 (and 5) last week.  Is this simply not a recommended platform?
> Please advise.  Thanks!
>

> --
> Joseph Landman, Ph.D
> Founder and CEO