RBD support in CloudStack 4.0

Hi,

About 24 hours ago the RBD support for CloudStack got merged [0] into the master branch of CloudStack.

At the moment we're (I'm a CloudStack committer) planning the release for CloudStack 4.0. Right now it seems that CS 4.0 will be released in early september.

Since my last e-mail a couple of things have changed:
* libvirt 0.9.13 got released with RBD storage pool support [1]
* libvirt-java 0.4.8 with a couple of bugfixes got released [2]

To run CloudStack with RBD support you need:
* libvirt 0.9.13 with RBD enabled
* libvirt-java 0.4.8 (included with CloudStack)
* Qemu with RBD support enabled

In August there will be a release candidate (probably multiple) of 4.0 before the final release in September goes out. Testing is needed! So if you got some spare hardware and time, please do test CS 4.0 and the RBD support.

Bugs can be reported on the CloudStack development list, via bugs.cloudstack.org or directly to me (while I prefer public).

The guys from Inktank are currently working on documentation which will hopefully be out before the CS 4.0 release.

If you have any problems with getting CloudStack and RBD running, please do ask!

Wido

[0]: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=406fd95d87bfcdbb282d65589ab1fb6e9fd0018a
[1]: http://libvirt.org/sources/libvirt-0.9.13.tar.gz
[2]: http://libvirt.org/sources/java/libvirt-java-0.4.8.tar.gz