Re: Running into an error with mkcephfs

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Gregory Farnum <greg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I remember mkcephfs correctly, it deliberately does not create the
> directories for each store (you'll notice that
> http://ceph.com/docs/master/start/quick-start/#deploy-the-configuration
> includes creating the directory for each daemon) — does /data/1/osd0
> exist yet?

Yeah, and there's a simple reason for that: you most likely wanted
those to be separate disks, with separate filesystems, and mkdir'ing
automatically might make you accidentally run all your OSDs on your OS
disk.

The new deployment stuff neatly sidesteps mkcephfs and makes this much
more robust, so we're not spending much time in improving mkcephfs
error reporting. The new stuff will be ready for wide use very soon.