Re: Ceph write performance

On 20/07/12 11:24, George Shuklin wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I've start to play with Ceph... And I found some kinda strange
> performance issues. I'm not sure if this is due ceph limitation or my
> bad setup.

I'm seeing a similar problem which looks like a potential bug, which
someone else seems to have already reported

(http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg07335.html and
http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg07691.html)

The problem only seems to hit for me when I do random writes - can you
try fio with sequential writes (rw=write) and see if your problem also
disappears?  It might help confirm this as an issue.

Thanks,

Matthew

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.