Re: Ceph doesn't update the block device size while a rbd image is mounted

I haven't tried resizing an rbd yet, but I was changing partitions on
a non-ceph two-node cluster with shared storage yesterday while
certain partitions were in use (partitions 1,2,5 were mounted,
deleting partition ids 6+, adding new ones) and fdisk wasn't
re-reading disk changes.  Partprobe followed by cfdisk seemed to
update the kernel with the on-disk changes.

I realize its not exactly what you are doing, but I figured it might
be close enough to be worth a shot.  cfdisk seems to make a system
call to refresh disk information that vanilla fdisk doesn't.

Calvin