Re: Keys & caps

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Sz?kelyi Szabolcs wrote:

> > > Is this also true for the FUSE client? I have obscure memories about big
> > > differences between the kernel and the FUSE client, for example the latter
> > > being able to read ceph.conf, and get the necessary info, including the
> > > keyring file, from there. Maybe I didn't emphasize it, but that's what I'm
> > > using.
> >
> > When using ceph-fuse, you want to specify the name with
> > --name=access_fs ? no -o required.
>
> Okay, so I don't need the "client." prefix for the key name, but how can I
> specify the --name= option in fstab? Or is it possible to specify it in
> ceph.conf, so it can be read by ceph-fuse when called by mount?

Er sorry, you actually want either --id foo or --name client.foo (they are
equivalent) when dealing with ceph-fuse (or other userland daemons/tools).

I'm not sure what the best way of putting fuse-based file systems in fstab
is, though.  One way or another, though, ceph-fuse needs to be told on the
command line who to authenticate as (and which sections of ceph.conf to
pay attention to).

sage