Re: Strange behavior after upgrading to 0.48

On 06/07/12 14:38, Xiaopong Tran wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't have the computer with me last
night. But you were right. I checked the version of ceph on ubuntu,
and it's still stuck with 0.47.3, despite upgrading. I redid the
upgrade, and it's still stuck with that version. That's something
I didn't pay attention to.

I had to purge the ceph, ceph-common and other related packages,
and re-install it, then I got 0.48. And now ceph -s works just
as it should.

So, somehow, the upgrade on ubuntu does not work properly.

Thinking about this issue just right now, I think ceph -s
still worked right because there was still an older version
of mon when the first two nodes were being upgraded. When
the last one was upgraded, there's no mon of the same version
anymore.

Sorry, should have checked if apt upgrade was done properly
first :)

FYI: I ran into this too - you need to do:

apt-get dist-upgrade

for the 0.47-2 packages to be replaced by 0.48 (of course purging 'em and reinstalling works too...just a bit more drastic)!

regards

Mark