Osd placement rule questions

Hi,

I am experimenting with ceph (rbd only for now), and have a few questions about what is possible via placement rules.

For example I am looking at a setup with a local datacenter (datacenter0) and a remote one (datacenter1). I'm using a placement rule:

rule rbd {
        ruleset 2
        type replicated
        min_size 1
        max_size 10
        step take datacenter0
        step chooseleaf firstn -1 type host
        step emit
        step take datacenter1
        step chooseleaf firstn 1 type host
        step emit
}

and I have the rdb pool set to size 3.

So I *think* I am saying I want 2 replicas in datacenter0 and one in datacenter1 [1].

The questions I have are:

1/ I would like to be able to have a way to say something like: Make 2 copies at datacenter0, 1 at datacenter1 - wait for the ones at datacenter0 to be written but not the ones at datacenter1 (so asynchronous for the latter). Is this possible, or planned?

2/ Also I would like to be able to say make my number of copies 3, but if I lose datacenter0 (where 2 copies are), don't try to have 3 copies at datacenter1 (so run degraded in that case). Is that possible?

Cheers

Mark

[1] Might make more sense to have 2 copies at each, but I'm just trying to see how this placement business works at this point...