Re: Unable to restart Mon after reboot

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM, David Blundell
<David.Blundell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We switched to Ubuntu 12.04 for the tests which stopped all btrfs problems.
>
> We have now spent a week running the iotester corruption tests in KVM instances while live migrating them every 5 minutes (with and without cache), running iozone and trying everything we could to corrupt the VMs.  The tests on 0.47.x all performed flawlessly.

Nice!

> The upgrade to 0.48 went smoothly but since then we have had issues with slow requests showing up in the ceph logs and disk timeouts whenever we run iozone in the VMs.
>
> I will wipe the current OSDs and start with fresh a 0.48 installation to see if I can reproduce the problem.

We've seen similar issues with btrfs, and others have reported that
the large metadata btrfs option helps. We're still compiling
information, but as of right now I hear best performance tends to
happen with xfs; however, the lead position tends to shift around a
lot.