Re: OSD Hardware questions

Am 27.06.2012 16:55, schrieb Jim Schutt:
This is my current best tuning for my hardware, which uses
24 SAS drives/server, and 1 OSD/drive with a journal partition
on the outer tracks and btrfs for the data store.

Which raid level do you use?

I'd be very curious to hear how these work for you.
My current testing load is streaming writes from
166 linux clients, and the above tunings let me
sustain ~2 GB/s on each server (2x replication,
so 500 MB/s per server aggregate client bandwidth).
10GBe max speed shoudl be around 1Gbit/s. Do i miss something?

I have dual-port 10 GbE NICs, and use one port
for the cluster and one for the clients.  I use
jumbo frames because it freed up ~10% CPU cycles over
the default config of 1500-byte frames + GRO/GSO/etc
on the load I'm currently testing with.
Do you have ntuple and lro on or off? Which kernel version do you use and which driver version? Intel cards?

Stefan