Re: osd dies / crahes directly after mkcephfs

Am 15.06.2012 23:46, schrieb Sage Weil:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Stefan Priebe wrote:
Hi,

i've seen several osd crashes on one of my machines directly after creating
the ceph fs.

Attached is the osd log. I also have a core dump file. Do you need it?

Also, are you mounting the ceph file system on the same node as the osd?
This might be a sync(2)-induced deadlock.
No i use only rados / rbd and in this case i have never used the fs at all as it has happened directly after mkcephfs and -a start. So i didn't even had the chance.

Putting a ceph fs mount on the same node as an osd is dicey in low memory
situations.  On older glibcs and kernels without syncfs(2) support, it can
easily deadlock.
Even this does not apply i have syncfs.

my send log shows: mount syncfs(2) syscall fully supported (by glibc and kernel)

Stefan