Re: mon disk access pattern

Am 15.06.2012 18:30, schrieb Sage Weil:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Mark Nelson wrote:
On 06/15/2012 04:51 AM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
I think at some point someone mentioned to me that the mon can cause a lot of
syncs, so running them on the OSDs without syncfs might be detrimental.  For
the majority of our internal performance testing I've kept them off the OSDs
just to be sure.

Right.  The only thing interesting about the mon access pattern is that it
calls fsync() a lot when healthy, and will call syncfs() or sync() during
recovery.

But if i have syncfs support does it still matter if they sit on an osd with a seperate disk? Do you have any iops or bandwith knowledge for the mon daemon?

Stefan