Re: "rbd rm image" slow with big images ?

Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012, 11:19:44 schrieben Sie:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Is it the normal behaviour ? Maybe some xfs tuning could help ?
> >
> > It's in the nature of RBD.
>
> Yes.
>
> That said, the current implementation is also stupid: it's doing a single
> io at a time.  #2256 (next sprint) will parallelize this to make it go
> much faster (probably an order of magnitude?).

Will it speed up copy operations as well? Those are a lot more important in
practice... A delete operation I can usually just fire off and leave running
in the background, but if I'm running a copy operation, there's usually
something else waiting (like starting a virtual server that's waiting for its
disk) that cannot proceed until the copy is actually finished.

On another note, it looks to me (correct me if I'm wrong) like rbd copy
operations always involve copying all the data objects from the source volume
to the machine on which the rbd command is running, and then back to the
cluster, even if that machine isn't even part of the cluster. Are there any
plans to streamline this?

Regards,
	Guido