De: "Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG" <s.priebe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
À: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mark Nelson" <mark.nelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé: Mardi 29 Mai 2012 10:22:34
Objet: Re: poor OSD performance using kernel 3.4

Am 29.05.2012 05:54, schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
>>> This happens with ext4 or btrfs too.
>
> maybe this is related to io scheduler ?
> did you have compared cfq,deadline,noop scheduler ?

This is something i consider for performance tuning later on, when
everything is running smooth. Right now i'm using CFQ with the tuned IBM
settings (which proxmox uses too).

Here are some outputs of basic fio Tests running on 3.4 and 3.0.

3.4: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6GEKsCYH
3.0: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=FU4AtUck

strangely 3.4 is faster but this corresponds to the fact that the normal
Disk I/O is working fine with 3.4 It's just ceph which isn't working fine.

> also what's is your sas/sata controller ?
Intel onboard SATA controller in this testsetup.

Stefan

	Alexandre D erumier
Ingénieur Système
Fixe : 03 20 68 88 90
Fax : 03 20 68 90 81
45 Bvd du Général Leclerc 59100 Roubaix - France
12 rue Marivaux 75002 Paris - France