Re: how to free space from rados bench comman?

Hi,

On 24-05-12 09:01, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
Hi,

every rados bench write uses disk space and my space fills up. How to
free this space again?

Used command?
rados -p data bench 60 write -t 16

What does this show:

$ rados -p data ls|wc -l

If that shows something greater than 0 it means you still have objects in that pool which are using up space.

Try removing those objects manually. Be cautious not to remove any other objects!

To be safe I'd recommend running benchmark commands in a separate pool.

Also note that when you remove objects it will take some time before the OSD's have removed them and you see the usage go down with "ceph -s".

Wido

Stefan