Re: how to mount a specific pool in cephs

Greg Farnum <greg <at> inktank.com> writes:

> > When I specify the add data pool I get the following:
> > (with or without the additional values)
> >
> > root <at> dsan-test:~# ceph mds add_data_pool backup
> > added data pool 0 to mdsmap
>
> Okay, that's not right — it should say pool 3.
> According to the docs I found you ran that correctly, but let's try running
"ceph mds add_data_pool 3" and
> see if that resolves correctly.
> *goes to look at code*
> Argh, yep, it's expecting a pool ID, not a pool name. Gah.
>
> > root <at> dsan-test:~# cephfs /mnt/ceph-backup set_layout -p 3
> > Error setting layout: Invalid argument
> >
> > Seems to be pointing at pool 0 instead of pool 3 like it should?

Awesome, that seemed to work!
However, I feel a bit silly - what I'm after is:

/mnt/ceph-data - mounted to pool 0 (data)
/mnt/ceph-backup - mounted to pool 3 (backup)

but this seemed to change both to mount to pool 3?

Am I simply doing something wrong at my mount stage?

The process to mount my specific pool as I understand it is;

1. mount -t ceph 1.2.3.4:/ /mnt/ceph-backup
2. ceph mds add_data_pool 3
3. cephfs /mnt/ceph-backup/ -p 3

Which should give me /ceph-backup mounted to the backup pool.

Should I simply then do a
mount -t ceph 1.2.3.4:/ /mnt/ceph-data/
to get the /ceph-data/ pool mounted to the pool 0 data pool?