Re: Huge MDS log crashing the cluster

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 4:03 AM, Madhusudhana U
<madhusudhana.u.acharya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have dedicated 10G space for /var partition. But, MDS log has filled the
> entire /var partition and my cluster is not responding. How shall I fix this?
> and what I need to make so that /var partition won't fill up again.
>
> Appreciate any solution/suggestion on this. My entire ceph cluster became
> unresponsive.

The default logrotate script installed by ceph.deb rotates log files
daily and preserves 7 days of logs. If your /var is tiny, or you have
heavy debugging turned on, you probably need to rotate more often and
retain fewer log files. Or, if you're not using the debs, you'll need
to provide some other means of rotating the log files.