Re: Snapshot/Clone in RBD

Hi,

At this moment there's no support to clone images in RBD. Only way to
create new image is to copy the old one through client interface .
Sage mentioned that new release will included image layering
which will be copy-on-write cloning implementation.

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM,  <Eric_YH_Chen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>    According to the document, snapshot in RBD is "Read-only".
>
>    That is to say, if I want to clone the image, I should use
> "rbd_copy". Right?
>
>    I am curious about if this function is optimized, ex: copy-on-write,
> to speed up the performance.
>
>    What I want to do is to integrate rbd with kvm. I hope that I can
> clone the image as soon as possible to speed up the vm creation.
>
>    (One base image, and create other vm from this.)
>
>    Do you have any suggestion about this point? Thanks a lot!
> --

Tomasz Paszkowski
SS7, Asterisk, SAN, Datacenter, Cloud Computing
+48500166299