Disabling logs in the mon data directory?

I'm trying to get all logs going to syslog, and disable all ceph log
files.  I added the following to [global]:

    log file = ""
    log to syslog = true

Which I thought would do the trick, however I see that there are still
logs generated in the monitor data directory.  I also tried adding the
following to [global], but it doesn't seem to help:

    clog to monitors = false
    clog to syslog = true

What is the recommended way to get all logs going to syslog, and
disabling any ceph-specific log files?