Re: Can we have mutiple OSD in a single machine

Hello,

Yes that's no problem. I'm using that configuration for some time now. Just generate a config with multiple OSD clauses with the same node/host.

With the newer ceph version mkcephfs is smart enough to detect the osd's on the same node and will generate a crushmap whereby the objects get replicated to different nodes.

I didn't see any impact on the performance (if you have enough processing power, because you need more of that).

I wanted to use just a few OSD's per node with mdraid, so I could use RAID6. This way I could swap a faulty disk without bringing the node down. But I couldn't get it stable with mdraid.

Stefan