Re: Unmount btrfs when stopping OSD's

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 07:20, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When we start an OSD we automatically mount the btrfs filesystem if "btrfs
> devs" is set, but we do not unmount when we stop the OSD.
> I'd vote for setting this to 1 by default.

btrfs_devs was meant to make Sage's development use easier. We don't
want to support it on actual use (we'd need to expand it to cover all
the filesystems, etc), and intend to remove it. Please do not use it
-- we sure don't.

The proper location for this functionality is in Chef/Puppet/etc automation.

Earlier conversation:
http://marc.info/?l=ceph-devel&m=133044999403426&w=2