Re: PG state issue

Hi,

On 03/01/2012 10:43 AM, Henry C Chang wrote:
Hi,
With version 0.42, I found that the pg's state is not in "degrade" any
more if the number of osds is smaller than that of the replication.
For example, if I create a cluster of one osd with replication 2, all
pgs are in active+clean state. (The pgs were in active+clean+degrade
state in the earlier versions.)

Just a conformation from my side.

Currently I have 3 OSD's which our down/out and only one PG went into degraded state. The weird thing is, these OSD's are not acting for this PG.

The OSD's for this PG are all up and in.

Wido

I think it should be a bug in terms of cluster status although it does
not cause any other problems to me so far.

Henry