Re: v0.42 released

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Diego Woitasen wrote:
> Production ready, right?

We are very close, at least with RADOS and RBD.

This is what we are focused on:

 - improving qa coverage.  it's grown by leaps and bounds over the last
   several months, and is getting better.
 - osd stability.  we are cleaning up a few bits of problematic code, and
   ensuring that the core functionality is well tested.  that includes
   api coverage, load/stress testing, and failure testing.  most of the
   recent work is in the 'thrashing' tests, which continously mark osds
   in/out and/or restart daemons.  these tests are all passing.
 - administrator tools.  we've identified the top 10 most likely failure
   scenarios that people are likely to see, and are going down the list to
   ensure that they are detected, reported, diagnosable, and ideally
   fixable.
 - key/value objects.  this is on of the few recent bits of new
   functionality, but it's needed to make radosgw perform well for large
   bucket sizes.

And very soon (next sprint?) we will be returning some attention to RBD
caching and layering.

sage