logrotate and auto start = no

Hi,

When "auto start = no" is set for the OSD's, the logs won't get rotated.

I've set this to no so I can easily reboot machines without all OSD's starting, I think it's easier with testing or when you replace a broken disk.

Anyway, this prevents the logs from being rotated, causing my disks to fill up:

/var/log/ceph/*.log {
    rotate 7
    daily
    compress
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
invoke-rc.d ceph reload >/dev/null || service ceph reload >/dev/null
    endscript
    missingok
}

The init script doesn't touch daemons which have auto start set to no, but this also prevents logrotate from doing it's job.

Some suggestions:

1. Don't use the init script for logrotation
2. Modify the init script
3. Add a note in the documentation about this behaviour

I think that logrotation should work regardless the setting of auto start?

What do you think?

Wido