Re: questions about radosgw

2012/1/7 Yehuda Sadeh Weinraub <yehudasa@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM, huang jun <hjwsm1989@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have an idea, why not use radosgw+fs to balance the workload?
>> but i can not successfully deploy it.
>> I really want to know whether radosgw+fs works?
>> If so, how about the performance between radosgw+fs and radosgw+rados?
>>

> At this point radosgw cannot use arbitrary file system as a backend.
> This requires a restructuring of the code, though we do have that in
> mind. The current 'fs' backend for radosgw is obsolete and wouldn't
> work anyway as the internal interfaces evolved quite a bit since it
> had been written, mainly to take advantage of rados capabilities that
> a regular filesystem cannot provide.
> The plan is to create a new devel library (similar to librados and
> librbd) that will provide a filesystem-like api. Having radosgw using
> this library (instead of the current internal access library) will
> help enabling a fs backend. But, as I said, there's still some work
> ahead of us.
>
> Yehuda
hi, thanks for you reply
so the workload balance will be a hidden trouble using radosgw?do you
have any ideas to promote this?
and if we put an object in atmotic way: put it to a temp object and
after the write finished , send a clone op, does this have any effect
on IO thourghput?

--
huangjun
ChuYunHanZhi WuHan Network Storage System Ltd