Re: Why only support odd number monitors in ceph cluster?

Hi,

On 12/23/2011 08:21 AM, Eric_YH_Chen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi, all:

      I am curious about why ceph cluster only support odd number monitors.

It doesn't only support a odd number. A even number of monitors works in theory, but it's recommended to use a odd number to get a majority.

      If we lose 1 monitor (becomes odd number),

You shouldn't look to the number of online monitors, but to the number of monitors in your monmap. That should be a odd number.

Wido

       would it cause any problem if we do not handle this situation in short time?

      Thanks!