Re: Understanding Ceph

Thanks for the response. What if a write of 16 bytes was successful at
nodes A and B and failed at C, perhaps C had a momentarily unreachable
via the network? How is the Ceph client prevented from performing the
next read at C? Also what if the writes to OSD's were successful but
the metadata update fails? How is this managed if at all? How are
writes that straddle chunk boundaries handled from a transactional
perspective? I am just in the process of investigation so please
forgive me if the questions are very naive.