Re: rbd device would disappear after re-boot

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 01:31,  <Eric_YH_Chen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   Another question about the rbd device. All rbd device would disappear
> after server re-boot.
>
>   Do you have any plan to implement a feature that server would re-map
> all the device during initialization?
>
>   If not, do you have any suggestion (about technical part) if we want
> to implement this feature?
>
>   Furthermore, we would like to send a pull request after we finish it,
> any policy should we take-care?

Yes, all mappings need to be re-established after a reboot.

There is no convention yet on configuring what should be
re-established. Right now, putting an "rbd map" in something like
/etc/rc.local is a decent workaround.

I created http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/1790 to track this feature.