Re: Assert in OSDMap::Incremental::decode with recent git

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 06:37:47AM -0500, Josh Pieper wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was trying to test http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/1708, but in
>> the process of attempting to do so, keep getting asserts in one of my
>> monitors.
>>
>> Pretty much all I have done is bring up a simple 3 node cluster, each
>> with a mon, osd, and mds.  All are using amd64 ubuntu 11.10, with git
>> 2e195500.  Once the cluster is up, I have a rbd load applied which is
>> a single VM reading large files.  Three times now, I have gotten the
>> same assert out of mon, inlined below.
>
> I hit the same when trying to bring up a test cluster on a single
> physical machine.  As soon as moved to vstart.sh I couldn't reproduce
> it anymore.

Hmm, interesting that it doesn't happen on vstart, since that's
supposed to use the new mon bootstrapping pieces as well.

Josh, can you turn up monitor debugging and send me the log/post it
somewhere? Presumably the big refactor Sage referred to broke
something here.
-Greg