Re: ceph and ext4

2011/11/14 Martin Mailand <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Christian,
> I am not sure if you noticed, but your ext4 bug is fixed in mainline. I am
> running a ceph cluster with 40+ vms for over a week by now, without any
> problems. An fsck.ext4 shows the ext4 is clean.
> The performance of ext4 is much better than btrfs, no rise in the load of
> the osd's.

Yes, I've seen the patch Eric submited. (In fact this was a result of
the call we had opened with RedHat).

I'd love to have a working filesystem for ceph, but the xattr issue
with ext4 really scares me. That's why I'm still wrestling with btrfs.

On the first day after I rebooted the OSDs btrfs performance is really
great. We can get up to 700 MB/s (over 10 Gigabit-Ethernet) inside a
virtual machine, I haven't reached this with ext4.

Regards,
Christian