Re: ceph-mon blocked error

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, Mandell Degerness wrote:
> So, does this apply only to Posix, or to RBD mounts as well?  If so, I
> think we may have to rethink using Ceph in our environment at all.

It applies to RBD too... _if_ the ceph-osd process is calling sync(2).
On btrfs it doesn't, and on XFS/extN/etc., it only does on older kernels
with older glibc.  New kernels (.39+) and new glibc have syncfs(2), which
syncs only the fs the ceph-osd is serving up.

http://linux.die.net/man/2/syncfs

sage